Discover why companies with a coaching culture outperform the rest.
Research shows most employees aren't engaged at work. They need to feel valued, included, challenged and engaged — not just managed, directed and told what to do.
For many organizations, this means it’s time for a cultural shift and for you to stop seeing yourself as a manager of people and start seeing yourself as a Coaching Leader.
In the Guide to Coaching Leadership, you'll learn:
- What employees need to be fully engaged at work
- Key characteristics and commitments of a Coaching Leader
- How to become a more effective communicator
- Tips for giving powerful feedback
- Practical systems to consistently coach and develop your people
In the Guide to Building a Coaching Culture, you'll learn:
- Why companies with a coaching culture are seeing higher engagement, retention and performance
- The five key steps to develop a culture of coaching in your organization
- How to cast a vision and assess current reality for your culture
- Specific steps, programs and initiatives to equip your efforts
- How to drive lasting change with a sustainable and scalable structure